Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

November 14, 2007

LBS is monitoring who attends their events Part 2

As I reported in an earlier post, I had received an email on November 3rd from the London Business School Stating that I had not attended their event:
Dear Adam,
Thank you for your interest in the Full-time MBA Programme.
Our records show that you weren't able to attend our recent Information Session. We're sorry to have missed this opportunity to meet you....

This may made realize that LBS is watching who attends their events and using software to track it. It made me wonder whether they were factoring into their admissions decisions.

This was the email I sent to sent to LBS on November 3rd:
Dear Ms. Blundell,
In reference to your email, the only event I registered for was on October 9th in Tokyo. I attended that event and my name was properly checked-off at that time. What is the following in reference to? Will my supposed failure to attend your event (not sure which) be held against me? Do you take event attendance into account when reviewing applications?
Thank you for your attention to this matter:
Sincerely,
Adam Markus

I received the following reply on November 12th:
Dear Adam
Thank you for your confirmation that you attended the recent London Business School event. Please accept our apologies for the error that occurred in recording the attendance list. Please be assured that this error has now been amended and future follow ups will include you as having attended the session.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information.
Best regards

It was sent by Caroline Chukwuma, Information Officer from the MBAInfo@london.edu account. I replied on the 13th:
Dear Ms. Chukwuma,
Thank you for your correction. I was wondering whether you take such event attendance into account when making admissions decisions. Should I attend more events?
Sincerely,
Adam

Less than an hour later on the 14th, I received the following reply:
Dear Adam
Thank you for your email and for your interest in London Business School.
It will certainly not hurt your application if you visit the School on a few occasion to find more about the community.
Best regards,

You can draw your own conclusions from this response, but it seems to me if you really want to attend LBS, even if you are already really well informed about the school, you better attend their official admissions events and, if possible, visit the school. London Business School is Watching!

-Adam Markus
アダム マーカス
MBA留学









Real Time Web Analytics