Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

September 17, 2008

MBA Goals During Times of Economic Uncertainty

In the video below, I consider the impact of the present business climate on how applicants should position their goals. Obviously recent business trends may very well negatively impact your intended future professional goals, but how to account for that in your Fall 2009 MBA application?


Key Points Discussed:
1. Stick to your goals, but consider a short-term hedge.
2. If your goals are focused on a specific business plan, consider how an economic downturn over the next couple of years may impact that.
3. Don't abandon something you are passionate about doing because of sudden changes, just come across as someone who has considered that.
4. Discuss those specific aspects of the MBA program that are most likely to help you handle a prolonged economic downturn.
5. Stay positive and future-focused.

Write comments or contact me directly at adammarkus@gmail.com. Please see my FAQ regarding the types of questions I will respond to. Before emailing me questions about your chances for admission or personal profile, please see "Why I don't analyze profiles without consulting with the applicant." If you are interested in my graduate admission consulting services, please click here.

-Adam Markus
アダム マーカス


ビジネススクール
Real Time Web Analytics