Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

February 10, 2014

Wharton MBA 1-to-1 Interview Questions

This post supplements my main post on preparing for Wharton MBA Admissions Interviews.  It provides a list of the common non-Team-Based Discussion questions that are part of the one-to-one interview.

Like he has done with many other schools, my colleague, Steve Green has compiled the following list of questions from from all the reports submitted to accepted.com 
and clearadmit.com.  In addition to our client reports, we use lists of questions like these as part of our prep sessions with clients.

Questions about the Team-Based Discussion
1) How do you think the TBD went?
2) Was your behaviour typical of how you work in a team? / Was your behavior in the Team-Based Discussion representative of the way you typically act in group settings?

Resume/Introductions
1. Introduce yourself. / Tell me about yourself. / Walk me through your resume.
2. Discuss your career progress.
3. Are there any changes to your resume since you applied?
4. What do you do in your free time?
5. Tell me about your international experience.
6. Do you want to highlight anything in your application?

Teamwork and Leadership
7. Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle while working in a group and what you would do differently if you had to do it again.
8. Tell me about a time when you worked in a group in which everyone did not agree and how did your team resolve the situation?
9. Tell me about a how you have had to persuade others.
10. What are the top 3 qualities you think a leader should have?
11. Tell me about a time you failed, and what you learned from it.

Goals
12. What the 3 things you look for in a business school, especially in Wharton?
13. What do you see yourself doing at Wharton?
14. Why do you want an MBA? Why now?
15. Why Wharton? What will you do if you are not accepted?

Conclusion
16. Do you have any questions for me?

Best of luck with your Wharton interview.  For more on Wharton interview prep, see my main post on this subject.


-Adam Markus
I am a graduate admissions consultant who works with clients worldwide. If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please complete my intake form. Please don't email me any essays, other admissions consultant's intake forms, your life story, or any long email asking for a written profile assessment. The only profiles I assess are those with people who I offer initial consultations to. Please note that initial consultations are not offered when I have reached full capacity or when I determine that I am not a good fit with an applicant.
Real Time Web Analytics